AC Conditioners?

Interested in a used AC Conditioner but don't know much about them. Can anyone tell me if they lose functionality as they get older? Do they where out? Do they not filter as well after protecting from some kind of surge? What are the considerations and what questions should you ask? Appreciate any info anyone can provide....
yarob789
There's a Cinepro 20 Line Balancer for sale right now at less than 50% of retail, on Audiogon. I have one, and it's far better than the API Power Wedge I now have in basement storage. If you can afford $850 (a guess from memory), you can't do better. An idiotically lukewarm Stereophile review has kept this conditioner from being as popular as it should be. It splits 120V into 60V+ and 60V-, a brilliantly simple idea, which leads to the lowest noise floor ever.
Post removed 
I have used the Noisetrapper, Power Wedge I, improved power Wedge 1, the Power Wedge 116, and they all hummed. The newer ones aren't supposed to. They decreased the noise in grundge out of the AC, but they increased audible noise from their transformers. The Chang 6400 was next. Better, quieter, but tended to thin the body of the music. It sounded better in my friends system then in mine. I've settled on a Monster 2500(2000 in a metal chassis) and it does a lot to cleaning a midbass hump I was chasing in the system. The highs were also improved with the bass tighter. Dedicated lines are a must. I use two with 12ga romex underground in conduit with 20 amp breakers. Listen before buying.
Re: twisted (or braided) conductors - this relates to something about the magnetic flux fields cancelling each other. You'll find that some upgrade AC cords are made this way too. If you run a dedicated line this way (I did) you must run this twisted wire bundle in a conduit (or in 3/8" Greenfield if code permits - much easier to work with).
Monster is entry level. If you are worried about money then go wiyh Change,which is good,but if you are serious,go with PS Audio Power Plant. I have $30,000 in my system and for $895.00 it was my best move. Good Luck!!!