Where to buy lead shot

Anyone know where I can buy lead shot to fill my speaker stands? I've tried hardware stores and a few gun shops. Any ideas are appreciated.
treyhoss
Here's where I will be getting my lead- www.welcocastings.com.(a Canadian lead manufacturer/distributor- they will ship around the world) I am actually going to do the ultimate- a 'hot lead pour' into my speaker stands. Welco can do this, they actually mix 3% antimony (an impurity) into the hot lead- the antimony helps avoid shrinkage from a lead-only pour. I can't even imagine how heavy the stands will be after that!! Sounds like a rather exotic solution, but hey, why not?- you just can't beat lead for resonance dampening- good luck! Oh- btw- Welco also sells individual pieces of lead- I am going to pick up a couple of their 'diving weights' (lead with a rubber coating) for use on top of an outboard power supply, with Isobearings under the power supply- it works!!
Thanks for that website Sutts it may come in handy in the future. I went ahead and used the sand and pea-gravel mix, about 60lbs per side. The stands are filled about 2/3 full. I should mention the "stands" are cubed wooden enclosures - I couldn't find a speaker stand with a wide enough footprint. They rest upon Mod Squad Tip Toes that by now have found their tips through the carpet and pad to the foundation (my wife loves that -HeHe). The first thing I noticed was a much more focused sound stage and a tighter bass. Unfortunately, I also lost a lost of mid/low bass. I use a subwoofer crossed over @ 85Hz (non-adjustable on this Velodyne model). It main speakers seem to have dropped a little "power" at around 100Hz, before the sub picks up. While I may have grown accustomed to the coloration my prior stands (end tables) helped create with my speaker, I don't know that I like it. Guess I'll have to give it more time and play with it. Ain't this a fine hobby fellas? It's always something!!!
In Los Angeles, Turners Outdoors Man sells lead shot. I am not sure if they are a national chain or only located on the west. A One 25 lb. bag runs a little under $20.00 including tax.
JLA, where is the Turner Outdoor Man that sells lead shot? I'm 1 hour away from LA. I live in Oxnard. Thanks a lot
Have you ever consider spent Uranium 238. It is the heaviest metal know to man. The military used it in the bullet of the guns on the Aegis class destroyer. Those bullets can pulverized a Exocet missile in mid-flight, imagine what it can do to your speakers. Cheers,