Problems with U.P.S.

I have had five problems with ups in two months. They have lost cod checks, destroyed a package that was packed in a crate, and even delivered a package to a completely diffirent address that was on the label. They even accepted a bank check with the wrong name on it. I am the only one having problems with them? Any recommendation on alternate shipping companies would be appreciated.
hobbes05
UPS in an attempt to save money has hired an outside company in I think NJ. to handle COD. The contractor sucks and is screwing up all kinds of things but they are saving UPS money so that is all the company care about.
Having worked as a loader for UPS while I was in college, that short experience taught me NEVER to send or receive ANYTHING UPS. Not pretty what happens inside the truck on the swing shift, believe you me.
I used UPS to ship some heavy amps to a guy in California and they lost them. When they finally did show up at his house they were heavily damaged.After about 2 months of phone calls and paperwork UPS cut me a check for the full retail ammount.$7,500 bucks.I found their customer service to be a hassle at first, but when the right people were contacted the reimbursment process went fairly smooth. Would I use UPS again? Not for 85 lb monoblocks!