Why is it so much more civil over here on Agon?

A member on another forum site asked an honest question, check out his question and some of the responses. Is it because of the moderators here on Audiogon, or is it because the members here would not put up with it?
Was I justified in giving my response? I have no idea what the follow up response will be.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/390279.html
jea48
A few reasons that I have come up with:

a) This site is a bit of a “safe haven” compared to AA.
b) It seems more “intimate” here because I have had correspondence with many members buying and selling.
c) Reputation and ability to sell. If one is an ass on this forum, I would not buy from him as I would expect nothing but trouble.

David
[email protected], when I see OR hear someone with an accent [written or spoken] when speaking English, I know they speak at least more language than I do. They have my respect. :-)
Some of those posts in that link were awfully asinine, but I do feel the mods here on Agon are occasionally overzealous and in my personal experience, I feel some may be too biased. For instance, they will let a childish fight break out, but they didn't let me write a funny thread about an artist I don't care for. I found that insulting.

I think there are alot of good, friendly people here on the 'Gon and that certainly helps keep the atmosphere friendly.