Why is it so much more civil over here on Agon?

A member on another forum site asked an honest question, check out his question and some of the responses. Is it because of the moderators here on Audiogon, or is it because the members here would not put up with it?
Was I justified in giving my response? I have no idea what the follow up response will be.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/390279.html
jea48
Wow, that background looks like pale peach on my laptop, but here it is a light yellow. Must be the Blackgates in this CPU.
Crapezoids, Jea48!!

All this time I've been lurking at the wrong audio site!

Thanks!
AA is a good audio forum site. I have learned alot over there. You just have to be a little careful where and when you post. "General", can get a little wild at times. There is some big name people that post on AA. I have wondered why they do not post here on Audiogon. And of course there is Sean's buddy se. I have got alot of respect for Sean. I think he really enjoys a good fight. He must, I have seen him jump right in the middle of a hornets nest..More guts than I have got.
I don't like jumping in the middle of hornet's nests, but I do get a big kick out of driving up and dousing 'em with a fire extinguisher, then driving off before they know what hit 'em.
I'm cracking up from reading these posts. It goes to show that you can have a great time without stomping on someone! Maybe we just figured that out here.

But don't rave about Bose or A/B testing ;-)