7/7 London

To Audiogon members residing in Britain, particularly in London, my thoughts are with you in the aftermath of yesterday's despicable, horrific events. We must all stand firm in our resolve against the actions of a small group of fanatics intent on causing us fear and harm.
mghcanuck
I'm gonna move on from the Bush debate - again, my condolences to our British friends.
Quit cryin!...if your not RIGHT your wrong, read into that whatever you want.
Daddy-O,

As soon as you have access to all the information the president does, I'll value your opinion. He was elected, history will judge him. How innapropriate for you to bring up your political frustrations on a post about a sad day for the people in London. We know the arguments for and against Bush, we've heard them over and over - give it a rest.

Rob
I hate to say it buy I'm relatively apolitical, but I do agree with Rob and this is one reason for my apoliticality. We(commoners) probably have at best about 10% of the info that Bush/Clinton, ie, top world leaders, have available to them. It would be like reading every tenth page of a novel and trying to talk intelligently about it. I think most of us do not have a clue about the complexity of the world's issues. I mean if you're counting on MSNBC, Fox, CNN as your sources, you may as well forget it. And what other sources do we have? Really?
My wife is originally from Leicester, England. In the weeks following 9/11, several men there were arrested for suspect terrorist activities.They all lived within metres of her grandmothers house.Whats the point?These few mentally mis-aligned "people" caused havoc to minorities-the outlash was severe and many innocent people were hurt, people being attacked and beaten by groups of thugs because their skin color was the same as the terrorists (to all who are unfamiliar with British society, it's not all Mary Poppins.)Because of all this crap, the National Front (their 'white supremist' political party) is now calling for a general war against immigrants and where in past they had no real weight, people are scared and turning to these freaks for a sense of safety.They are growing in political strength.Our news papers have headlines stating that Muslim people there are being told to lead a normal life, while her family tells us that the opposite is true.People are retaliating against them severely.They are being told to 'keep to themselves' until this thins out.If you are Muslim and you walk into the wrong pub, good chance of being glassed (beer bottle to the head, typical pub fare...) So, condolances, yes, but sympathy also to innocent people, good people who will undoubtedly be hurt because of psychopathic terrorists.