Fuses that matter.

I have tried six different fuses, including some that were claimed to not be directional. I have long used the IsoClean fuses as the best I have heard. No longer! I just got two 10 amp slow-blows WiFi Tuning Supreme fuses that really cost too much but do make a major difference in my sound. I still don't understand how a fuse or its direction can alter sound reproduction for the better, but they do and the Supreme is indeed! I hear more detail in the recordings giving me a more holographic image. I also hear more of the top and bottom ends. If only you could buy them for a couple of bucks each.
tbg
Nonoise, if you happen to have a multimeter can you indicate what your line voltage is, at the time of day at which you most often listen?

Also, my compliments on voicing the thought that LESSENED ability of a system/room/power source combination to reveal the sonic effects that may result from a tweak can be due to BETTER quality of the system/room/power source. That is all too often under-recognized IMO, while the inverse possibility is often cited by "believers."

As I have said in a number of past threads, countless technical reasons can be cited why a given system may be able to resolve differences between tweaks or components that have nothing to do with the ability of the system to resolve musical information. Or that may even be inversely correlated with the ability of the system to resolve musical information.

Best regards,
-- Al
Al,

Thanks.

I don't possess a multimeter but if I get a chance I'll see about getting one from Rat Shack or Sears. I've always wanted to know just how much variance there is in my apartment during listening sessions.

Time to find out.

I suspect that when I see the results, I'll be looking at power conditioners or the like soon after.

All the best,
Nonoise
Mapman said , " Some people hear differences with fuses they like " I wasn't aware that we were suppose to like or dislike them. I just try things, if the sound improves I leave them in, if not I take them out. I have a closet full of stuff I tried. The fuses are still in place.
And to not try something that a particular individual is pushing is an odd way to judge a product. Yeah, why learn something new when it's easier and less expensive to bury your head in the sand.
Al,

Just for the heck of it I went and got a multimeter and here are the preliminary
results:

Time: 7:45 pm on a quiet Sunday, usual time for listening.

At the socket:
a steady and constant 119 @ 600V
fluctuating constantly from 119.7 to 120.3 @ 200V

From the Brick Wall Filter:
a steady and constant 119 @ 600V
fluctuating constantly from 119.7 to 119.9 @ 200V

Everything I use is plugged into the Brick Wall Filter, so I guess that it's good that I at least have that in my system.

I'll take steps to measure more tonight and through the day tomorrow and get back to you with the results.

All the best,
Nonoise
Almarg, I borrowed a voltage tracking machine from a friend in EE and checked my voltage continually for two weeks. I got occasion drops from the typical 122.4 volts. In Texas the electric companies are accustomed to heavy use in the heat. Last year they lost a good deal of their reserve as they had exposed water pipes that froze in the winter and were being repaired. Some planning! But here we were not subject to the black out that Texas inflicted on New Mexico.

I, at least, don't have any pattern of when the system sounds better.