You might be an audiophile if...

With apologies to Mr. Jeff Foxworthy, thought it would be fun to come up with (clean) examples of the wretched excesses that us poor audiophiles are subject to. I'll start it off. Extra points for originality and wit.

You might be an audiophile if your stereo costs more than your car. Or your house.

You might be an audiophile if - you've ever had to choose between a girlfriend and a new pair of speakers.
kinsekd
This thread's HILARIOUS !!
I'm guilty as hell on ALL counts !!
Only thing I need is that converted room from Rive's link, with a *secret entrance door* and no ringing phones.
(Yeah, the Kharmas would be nice too)
the word "180 gram" elicits a new purchase despite your having both vinyl and cd copies of the recording already

your carpet has long needed replacing but you've spent those funds on several cable upgrades (true story)

you stay single so you won't have to deal with the waf factor or placing speakers too close to the wall

your front wall in specially reinforced to hold your turntable stand

your electrican asks what the second curcuit breaker is for

your daughter's car will have to wait till she's more responsible or those new Von Schweikerts are yours, sorry honey

a colleague tells you about his great surround sound setup and you resist telling him he could have had a decent starter two channel set up

your artwork on the back wall is made by echobusters

when a hurricane is threatening - you pack your valuables
tube pre amp, turntable, amplifier, interconnects

you don't know who the ceo of the company you work for is, but you can discuss at length the standing wave frequencies of all the dimensions of your music room

you can't wait to get $1800 spare dollars to buy a record cleaner you've read a master's thesis on at audiogon(Loricraft)

the record store owner gets nervous when you tell him you are going on vacation next week

you claim no exemptions on your taxes so that refund is big enough for a serious upgrade

Steve of Great Northern Sounds has dibs on your firstborn

your treasured stash is a few pristine sets of NOS 6922s

you've spent more on balanced power than your air conditioner costs

you're the only person in the audience that thinks the cinema's THX system is grating on the ears

you not only have a dac and know what one is, you insist on several digital output formats

your friends own boats, you actually use your hobby on a nightly basis

you cringe at the word digital

you spend hours on speaker placement and can actually hear
great width and depth after all your toils

you know the sonice coloractions of various cables, amps, etc more distinctly that a vineyard owner knows his wines

you'll sleep in the wet spot to have first dibs on the sweet spot (sorry - couldn't resist)
Audiotomb, unluckily these days I'm finding the sweet spot more accessible than that rare wet spot, heheh.
You spend 30 mins reading this thread on your computer at work, laughing out loud, risking your job and reputation.