Graphic Equalizer --Ugh

I'm thinking that I need to try a graphic equalizer in my system and have come across the Behringer FBQ3102 (analog)and the DEQ1024 (digital). Does anyone have experience with these or perhaps some others? I don't want to adjust low freq very much, if any, but want to try compensate for some overly bright CDs.
Thanks
cford
I'm part of the anti-EQ camp. EQs are phase distorters. No matter what way you look at it, all you're doing is distorting your signal. I say instead of adding more gear (more noise and distortion), just get to the problem--perhaps there is a treatment you could try on the disc, a darker cable, or otherwise accept that some pressings are too bright.

I'm a pro audio guy and in the industry, Behringer is known to be unreliable, sonically uninspiring with questionable ethical and labor practices and sub par parts--fair warning. If you must have an EQ, you might consider a parametric EQ--I like them because you can set the bandwidth and sweep across the frequency spectrum to find hot and low spots. As far as pro audio units go, Ashly and Rane make fine eqs for a fair price; even the venerable DBX 242 may be a sturdier and more musical choice than a Behringer if you are ok with parametric control. They can be had on ebay for as much or less than the Behringers.
Of course there will be the anti-EQ, anti-digital, and anti-Chinese-made comments. This is why I suggested that the purchase (all $370 of it) be justified entirely by the RTA capability, which observes but does not affect the sound. I am sure that once you get your hands on the unit you will be curious enough to listen to it, and exercise the auto-EQ capability. Then, you decide.
I agree with Eldartford. I suspect that some of the "reliability" issues with Behringer were older units that were abused on the road. In your situation I can't see you having any problems. Also, Dirtyraggamuffin, what company doesn't have suspect labor practices? Unless of course everything you own was built on a utopian commune.
I don't like the idea of using an EQ either(as indicated by the "Ugh" in the subject line) but I don't know what else to try. Anything else would then be in the system and affect my good CDs and not just the overly bright ones. My original question was hoped to give me a feel on whether to go analog or digital. Also, if I don't like the sound or can't get it to fix the brightness, I can return the unit anytime up to 45 days. If I put the unit in the tape loop then I can only go single ended and if I put it between the pre and power amp, then I can go differential.