Do you remember your first cd?

There was a thread concerning Bose 901s the other night and it started me thinking about how early cds sounded on those speakers. The first cd I purchased was Scarecrow by John Mellancamp way back in 86 I think. That cd sounded ok back then but if I were to put it on now the sound would drive me out of the room. I haven't been able to listen to it since the 901s left. Another early cd is U2s The Joshua Tree which also sounds horrible now.
Just wondering now how many can recall their first cd purchase and whether they are listenable still?
timrhu
Cd-Peter Gabriel "So" in 86 or 87 and first lps were The Guess Who (America Woman) and Steppenwolf (Born to be Wild) in 71 I think. Not sure of the titles as they were all stolen while at uni. Had some great blues albums back then also. My first 8 track was the Easy rider soundtrack! I believe my first cassete was Iron Butterfly. Piezo the seed reference brings back old memories. Ever open an old album and found a 30 year old "j" inside. LOL
Larry
My fist lp was American Woman by The Guess Who. Not sure of the year (68 maybe) but it was a new release. Shortly after that I joined Columbia Record Club and ordered Big Brother and the Holding Company, Doors 1st, Blood Sweat and Tears to name a few. What do ya think I was doing while enjoying that music? Wow the memories.
Van Halen - 1984
Tears for Fears - forget name
The Time - Ice Cream Castles
Led Zeppelin - IV

Played on an early JVC CD player
Hey Rosstaman

In the Digital Mood I still have that cd what a great cd. I still listen to it from time to time. My dad also loved that cd as he was a fan of the big band era. He served in WWII God rest his soul.

Chuck
Yes, I remember it. But - must I admit what it was? In my defense, I didn't "choose" it. :)

I worked all summer at the golf course (about age 15 I think) to make enough money to get a Pioneer "rack" system from Sears (LoL) that was $800. I had to earn $1,600 that summer as I made an agreement with my father, I could buy that stereo for $800, if I made $800 to put toward my college tuition. The wise man started making me realize if you work hard enough for it, you appreciate it more. (or I think so) Looking back, unfortunately I could have done much better for the money, but this was before I discovered the "high end"...

Anyhow, I worked all summer to make the dough and thought if I was paying retail for the system I asked the sales guy to throw in a cd, so he went over to the rack and came back with a cd and said, "Here is the #1 cd on the charts. It will sound great on your stereo." It happened to be *cough* Debbie Gibson's debut album. Being the first and only cd I had for a few days, it got much more play time than it deserved.

Well that system travelled with me to Ohio State and after discovering Progressive Audio across from campus and the better gear to be acquired, the Pioneer Rack system served well for spinning tunes at fraternity keg parties... :)

Now if that isn't embarrasing... both the cd & the system!