Stillpoints vs Symposium Rollerballs

Hi

I am looking to improve the isolation under my Wadia 16i (it is currently sitting on a Quadraspire Q4 rack) and am considering Stillpoint and Symposium rollerballs. Anyone with experience/views on this? Many thanks.
cab586
Jee,I wonder where/how Stevie Wonder buys his bread? I also 'wonder' if he buys 'weak-old',Wonder bread?
But seriously folks; ain't that what the forums are for?----Well,it U sta-B. I just got some of those Herbie damp-er-things. I ain't got 'em yet,but I'll say what I think;about 'em when I got 'em under my stuff.But, I think fresh bread may have better dampening qualities/than 'weak'-old stuff.
Post removed 
hi

yes, of course, i would never buy anything without auditioning (especially at these prices) but i am always interested in other 'phile's experiences. it's one of the reasons i read audiogon. so, if anyone would like to share, i'd certainly be grateful. many thanks.
I agree Tvad, asking "which isolation device will work best" is an unanswerable question. For example, I have set up my TRL modded Sony 595 in 4 different systems over the past 3 weekends. Two of the systems liked the Stillpoints, one liked Rollerblocks, the other was happy with a HRS Nimbus/Stillpoints combo.

My point is that there is no "One" single isolation device that will "fit" every system. Anyone thinking so is in for an education ...

Jack
If you want only to "drain off" internal vibrations created within a piece of equipment, then you need a "mechanical diode" like cones, rollerballs or graphite bags. (A "mechanical diode" BTW is something that lets the vibration travel in one direction but not back the other way.) Assuming a steady, rock solid surface on which the equipment sits, this works pretty well for both transports and electronics (i.e. amps that sometimes have transformer or tube vibration.)

If you want to protect a piece of equipment from external, non-airborne vibrations that are transferred to the equipment from whatever it's sitting on, then you need a vibration damper or shock absorber like Stillpoints, Sorbothane pucks, or springs. These can make the equipment somewhat more susceptible to airborne sound energy (-- not generally a problem I've found, unless it's sitting right in front of a loud speaker.)

So, except for turntables, which in my opinion always need both type of treatment (diode at the shelf, and squishy between the diode and the plinth) most situations only require the diode (again, assuming a rock solid non-vibrating surface on which the equipment sits.)

If you feel your situation requires both types, you could try at least 9 combinations of devices picking one from each category, and then multiply by 2 to allow for the squishy-over/under-diode variation and that gives you 18 ways to Sunday. My personal preference, if anyone gives a rat's a**, is cones under sorbothane, with Stillpoints replacing both for heavier equipment (rated at 200# capacity each I believe.)