Your First Hi-Fi Hankering?

Everybody remember the first time as a teenager you fell in love with a stereo? The first system that you really wanted badly? What was it? Did you buy it?

Don't laugh, but mine was a 55wpc Harman Kardon Receiver, Klipsch Fortes and a Dennon turntable. I had to settle for a Pioneer SX-650, Technics turntable (Empire Cartridge?) and a pair of crap house brand speakers called ECI.

This was in Scottsdale, AZ in the mid-late 70's. My dream system was at a place called Bill's Sight and Sound at Los Arcos Mall & bought the other stuff at a place called Custom Hi-Fi.
darrenlite
Alpine Cd Head Unit,
Alpine Coaxials
& Bazooka Bass Tube

to replace a Pep Boys CDP and factory and rear-mounted 6x9s in an 1985 Ford Ranger, my first car. I bought and had the stuff intstalled with no expectations and was blown away the night I picked it up the truck. I remember well the thrill of sound right after I turned the key, and now I am just chasing the dragon ;)
Don't know any models, but it was some top-of-the-range Akai (sorry....) stereo, with loads and loads of buttons and lights and some huge fourway speakers. And no, I didn't buy it since then I couldn't afford it, and now I don't want them.....