What are the loopholes of sending COD to nonmemb.

Hi
A non-member contacted me about my add.He said this is his first time buying something on Agon and asked me if i can ship it UPS COD.He agreed to send $100 money order deposit to cover the shipping and COD fee.I am planning on instructing the UPS to pick up USPS money order from him.
Should i go for it or is there something i can get screwed over?I would appreciate your feedback regarding this matter.
overhang
See if you can use Fedex cod.-- You'll get the Money the next day.
PS, I wouldn't do a cod for anybody with no feedback,period.---Take your chances if you must--but you might point out 'your' feedback record and let him take the chance bassed on that. Ask him to open a paypal account??
I once did a cod thrugh the PO and got a bum personal check. Then we have bad Bank Checks, forged ones and such. The driver isn't an expert and may take whatever your buyer gives him.---.You must be having a hard time selling--to even think about this,as an option. My advice is worth just what you paid for it---. It's your gear.
I won't buy from someone with 0 feed back unless I can pick-up at his place or he will bring to me.

I would never do COD for anyone with no feedback.

I will not buy from anyone with bad feedback...to risky for my pocket book.

Of course the exception could be an item of low value were the loss would only make me mad...not broke.

Dave
Dave, speaking only for myself, I would never go to someone's place I don't know, have them come to my house, or meet them somewhere. I knew a guy who sold his corvette to someone. When the guy came to his house, he shot and killed him and stole the corvette. Pretty gruesome story but after hearing what happened to him, I prefer dealing with people over the internet.
i think people with no feedback should go by the seller rules,until he build up his feedback and then he can lay his own demands,we all have to start from the bottom. justmy opinion
cod is ok & i use it from time to time but it can be a bad thing.

i would never ship anything to a greenhorn via cod unless he paid me all the shipping fee's up front & a 25% non refundable deposit as a show of good faith.

on the other hand i request cod for item's that i want to buy from newbee's with only the shipping paid up front,i figure ive earned a little trust with my feedback so shipping fee's are all their gonna get from me.

if your buyer is truly on the up & up he shouldnt mind getting up off a few bucks as a show of good faith,one things for sure if the buyer is squirley about paying a deposit & shipping up front then tell him adios amigos.

mike.