How should I treat window behind listening chair?

My room is set up using Immedia mapping principal. I use a McIntosh 1700 receiver and JBL Alpha 1 speakers. A window is behind the ideal listening position. The sound is very good and there is no apparent vibration, but I would like to optimize the quality of the sound as much as possible. I'm afraid a drape will absorb too much sound.
heavenboundbiker
Blackout has less, considerably less absorption coefficient due to the black out foil, however, the foil does create some diffusion. So it's not really a one is better vs the other, it depends on the room and placement.
Marigo Labs makes VTS tuning dots to attach in proximity to corners of windows, as well as other types for every part of a system, and room.
Can check the website, marigoaudio.com
Also, can email Ron Hedrich at the website. He creates the Marigo Labs products.
Brick it up!
Seriously: I think it's nonsense to hunt for the "ideal room" because there is no such thing. In every concert hall there are hundreds if not thousands of "compromize-spots" to sit in. Who would like to sit in the same seat for a - let's say- guitar recital and an orchestra concert, for a William Byrd mass and Orffs Carmina Burana, for a jazz big band and a choral concert?? I doubt that your window - while probably slightly changing the sound in your room - is doing any bad effect to your LISTENING TO MUSIC which means that any damping will only CHANGE the sound but won't improve your enjoyment of the music!
Relax and enjoy - or call in the brickie.
I put a comforter behind my speakers over the window and it made a huge improvement. Don't worry about absorbing some sound. It is necessary to get clear imaging and kill brightness.
I use wooden venetian blinds on the windows behind my listening chair. Seems to work well for me.