What are some good tube amps that rock? KT88's?

Hi there, I am currently using an all older CJ SS setup. I fell I need a tube amp to get rid of the grit in my system. I thought upgrading my DAC would do it but it remains.

Its really important to me to be able to play loud, I have been told I would do best with a KT88/6550 based amp. I owned a CJ Premier 11A and loved (Sold it due to budget back in the day). I listen to everything but I play rap,reggae, and rock mostly when I play loud. Im going to be crossing over my speakers at around 60-80HZ

My speakers are B&W Matrix 804's which want a decent amount of current despite their small appearance.

Tanks a million
Toby
128x128systembuilder
Forgot to mention I got the Octave V70SE integrated to drive my Dyn C1's (85db). I mention that because Dyn's love current and the Octave is fantastic.

As far as KT88's personally for the money the Gold Lion re-issue is my favorite. If cost were no object the EAT KT88 diamond is better (but not 6 X the money - maybe 2 or 3 X). That being said my favorite tube (again money is no object) is the original Tung Sol 6550 black plate. They remind me more of the EL34/KT77 mid range magic but with KT88 power.
You might consider a CAT JL-2. A good deal of slam, great controlled bottom end with excellent extension.
I'm currently using a pair of Manley Snappers to run my
Signature 805's. While they don't have absolute control
of my previous amp(Moscode 401) they do sound more holographic
and musical.

Good luck
The McIntosh MC275 mk V retubed with Genalex KT88's completely rock the house in my system and remain clean, solid and liquid even when I'm in the mood to "stomp on the gas" for some rock and roll fun :-)

As for the "Grit" you are experiencing, is it noticable on all sources or just one in particular?

Cheers
The Ayon Triton II, 100 wpc pure class A in pentode with KT88 or 125wpc with KT120 will most certainly rock! http://www.ayonaudio.com/products/amplifier/integrated-amplifier/triton-ii.html