Have A Great Summer Everyone

Audiogon is a favorite winter activity for me. I thoroughly enjoy the tech talk, music gab, and all of the personalities that make this site so enjoyable. Even the bantering and bickering back and forth is interesting as it demonstrates the passion that most people feel for this hobby and for music in general.

Music is good for the soul.

I will be relocating to the Pacific coast later this summer after being born, raised, and having spent 45 years of my life here in Connecticut. I have many lifelong friends here that I will miss dearly. The winters are really starting to take their toll on me. I am an outdoor person, and spending six months out of every year stuck inside just ain't cuttin' it any longer.

So for now, I would like to wish eveyone on this site, and their families, a happy, healthy, and safe summer. And most importantly.....

Happy Listening.

I very much look forward to rejoining you all next "winter" (if that's what they call it in California).

My Best and Most Sincere Regards to ALL, Ed.
128x128buscis2
Sean:

There's a Mark Twain line that goes like this ... "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." I worked out there for a while about 12 years ago and I remember having to buy sweatshirts to wear during evenings in July.

Be well, Rich
Justin, you got it. I figured I would start a thread once getting settled in hopes of getting together with some of you folks. I tried it here. I was attempting to try it in a relaxed social setting like a dinner in a restaurant or something. Maybe even Mexican food and shots of Patron' Silver. (I love that stuff but don't drink very often).

I really love that whole area. I may even consider purchasing another dirt bike to really get the taste of the desert and wooded areas. I am aware that you need to proceed with caution in Cal as far as the whole off-road thing is concerned, but I respect that. Here in Ct. it is a dirt bike "free for all".

I will be in contact for sure. Maybe an evening of California Merlot, Vermont smoked cheddar, and Brazilian jazz guitar being played through French audio gear.

Or, there is a place in the center of Temecula called "Mad Madelyn's. It makes some of the absolute best burgers I have EVER had, as the owner raises all of the cattle on his own farm in Temecula.

Oops, I forgot. It's California. Maybe instead, a Tofu burger with some organic lettuce leaves, hybridized grape tomatoes, and a Mango/Kiwi smoothie?

Talk about diversity.
It is 55/48 rain as of now in Boston. For the first time in my life I'm envious of someone ;). If all goes well, I'll be heading to the West Coast myself after grad-school. I'm thinking San Fran because I'm in the financial industry, but would prefer somewhere even warmer. Good-luck with the move, and have fun. For sentimental values, will you be tying up those winter boots and throwing them on the electrical poles?
Sean here's another tid bit of information, They'll string you up on a pole in the center of town and flog you for refering to "you know where" as Frisco. It takes the joy right out of there little (what's the word) hearts

I'll probably get flogged just for typing it!

Anyway it was a blistering 90 degrees today, I went to Santa Cruz to get a Jamba Juice after work and the line was clear out the door.

I actually came home and had to run the air conditioning for a few hours till the sun went down, It's suposed to cool down by the weekend.

Please don't tell anyone about the AC (CA joke) Know one owns air conditioning out here except me, what can I say I was born on the East Coast :^)

If it hits 90 degrees that's it!

Say Ed, you should look into Satallite radio for the long drive. I bought the SIRUS service and really like it. You get a ton of great music with no commercials. They say you can listen to the same station all the way across the country. It's about $10.00 a month if you sign up for a year. I'm listening to it right now on my home system. Not bad!
I'm sorry to see you leaving our great state. Seems to be about par for the course, though. First the whalers, now the audiophiles...

Seriously, though, have great fun in Cali. I'm stuck in Siberia, being in college here. Hey, if you need someone to store some of that system for you, for when you inevitably come back to the Constitution State, I'd be happy to keep current running through it, you know, make sure the caps don't get dusty, or whatever. I'm sure there's a valid reason somewhere.