Doge 9 listening experience...

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the above tube monoblocks in their system? I have B&W 804 speakers with Kimber cable and looking at upgrading my Cd player and pre-amp to the Doge 6 and Doge 8. For some funny reason there is a reasonable amount of info/reviews on the 6 and 8 but nothing that I can find on the 9. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
reviveespresso
Hi
I think that their Balanced on Doge 8 it is ''fake'' balanced(sorry I can not find the right word but I think you can understand what I mean)
I own the Doge 8 preamplifier and it is the finest preamp I ever had.
My best regards
I've had a Doge system for over two years now and am very happy with it. This system is comprised of the Doge-6 tubed CD player, the Doge-8 pre-amp, and the two Doge-9 monoblocks. Together they produce the best sound I've ever heard - wide and high soundstage, with a fullness and crispness that is beautiful to listen to, with lots of definition (and space) and dead silence when the music pauses, and all this is with the original Chinese tubes. While I plan to upgrade the tubes at some point, I have frankly been more than pleased by what this system creates, sound-wise, so I am in no real hurry for the upgrade.
I had these units shipped from China (I dealt directly with Doge - although this is not the normal way to purchase these). When UPS dropped them off, they were all on a large wooden pallet, and the delivery man needed help moving them - they are very heavy and very well made. An accurate way to view these units is as higher end Jolidas, since they were designed and manufactured by the same engineer who designed all the earlier Jolida equipment, only the Doge's have higher quality components in them. The same units are sold in Germany under the Lua name (or is it Lau?) for significantly more money and a slighter different outside look.
Hi, I am interested in getting the Doge preamp and CD player, just wondering how you dealt with Doge directly? Thanks.
Mark,
I am one of the only US dealers for Doge. Drop me a line and I'll get you more information on pricing and availability on ALL the Doge products.
Thank you.
I just bought the Doge 9's and the 6/8 also. They are superb. I also bought directly from the factory in Changsha...great buying experience. Units arrived very well packed and on a heavy pallet. After a few days of listening...I can only say fantastic. I am changing out the pre-amp tubes as I think that may be a little bright as some others have reported, but I am looking forward to getting more hours in with these amps before posting a sorely needed proper review.