Can a manufacturer post replies & discussions?

Hi Audiogoners and Moderators,

I am a manufacturer of high end audio accessories. As such, am I allowed (according to Audiogon guidelines) to post responses to questions that pertain to my field of vibration control? I know these forums are not meant to be a form of advertising and I don't intend to promote my products here but I want to make sure that any responses I post do not "cross the line". I expect that I wouldn't be allowed to name any of my products directly. Is that correct? What about discussing, and maybe being critical of, other philosophies of vibration control that are at odds with mine or products that are not executed well? If I would do so I would not discuss any other company's product specifically by name but by the general design pricinples.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thank you.

Barry Kohan
bright_star_audio
Hi Barry,

Absolutely, you can participate and I welcome you, it is nice to have manufacturers input. Beware though, it seems some enjoy "going after" those that do input.
Your posts should identify you as a manufacturer when posting your opinions on these types of products. Other than that, glad to have you and other manufacturer's and designers input IMO.

Dave
There are a lot of folks in the industry here. It is nice to identify yourself (your commercial ties) in your posts as you did above, but it is not required by the rules as far as I know. Always nice to have experts. Vibration control(resonance?)is an interesting area.

I think most commercial folks feel welcomed here and most have a good experience too. If would be futile to try to keep you guys out with rules because the dishonest ones would just just shill and the honest ones, from which most of us amateurs can learn a thing or two, would not contribute.

The moderation guidelines suggest that "Posts that are obviously trying to sell something" will be rejected. They are found here.

Welcome
I remain,
Barry,
I think that as long as you offer a disclaimer with each of your posts relating to the subject you should be fine. If we know who you are we can make our own judgement as to your agenda. I agree with Brian, the more informed opinions we have, the better.
Barry, I don't know much about this but my understanding is that you should feel absolutely free to join in any discussion.

However, it would probably best serve your own best interests by always providing a disclaimer of sorts that you are a mfg'er. If you do not, then some joker is going to come along and discover that you are and declare you a charleton or some such thing.

-IMO