I have a confession to make

I have an addiction, and I have to stop. I don't know if it is upgradeitis, or audiophileism. But I suddenly feel real bad. My wife who is the most wonderfull person in the world is even becoming concerned.
It all started one day looking for some speakers for my very modest home theatre set up in my living room. I wanted to be able to enjoy music also. Low end Sony CD player you know. I was using these God awful Fischer speakers with 15" woofers.
Well, that was about 5 years ago. Now $40,000.00 later, I have a dedicated HT room and A dedicated Tube based listening room. I don't make this kind of money to be doing this. What the hell is my problem ? The Vpi record washing machine was the last straw for my wife. "$500 to wash a record? You have a serious problem". She is right,what the hell am I doing? But I continue to look at what is for sale. What would be better than what I have?
Please I beg all of you, If you receive a email from me wanting to buy your product, please delete my email. If you see any of my products for sale, please don't make an offer. I need friggin help here man.
I have to realize that there can always be better than what I have. Just enjoy what the heck I have and be done with it. Masn this is one sick addiction.
scottht
that is why there is an audio asylum and people recognize one another as inmates! Welcome to the institution!

You are lucky that you know your "sickness"--many do not. Warn you: there is no cure. Yes, we want to enjoy the music and the movie.

Serious now, one DOES NOT HAVE TO SPEND SO SO MUCH to enjoy the great music. Of course, if one has the money to spend, that is fine.
Joke aside! Cure exist, and it will not please you nor most members of the audiogoon. Downsize! Sell all of your gear, and purchase minimalist integrated amp and Cdp. rest of the money spend for the vacation with your wife. Or she might not stick around much longer.
I fully agree with your wife, Scott, record cleaning devices are vastly overpriced. Other items may be too, but its real obvious with the cleaning machines.
So many responses. And some real fine ones at that. You do realize that there was a lot of truth to what I wrote. Actually, all of it... I am certainly obssesive /compulsive, and I always have been. Everything I have ever done has been all or nothing. I am going to get a grip on this.
You know what is really sick ? I am in this alone. Nobody in my crowd that I do anything with understands this hobby. They all think I am nuts to spend that kind of money on equipment. Let alone listen to vinyl.
They don't get it. They are the lucky ones. It is like a Vampire bite!
Thanks for helping me understand that I am not the only one with this issue.
My wife married me knowing that I was a very sick man with the incurable audiophile addiction. It may be arrested, but never cured.

She actually took a picture of one of my B&W800's and framed it so that I could take a picture if my "Immortal Beloved" to work with me.

She is one great lady!

Richard