Sistrum or Neuance or...?

I'm considering some isolation for my transport and DAC. Which of the Sistrum or Neuance do you recommend? Or what else? I'm certainly open to suggestions. Thanks.
budrew
Bye bye - what grotesque pleasure I got out of joining this bankrupt thread has waned. Now back to a word from our sponsor...
"Narcissistic" was a poor choice. “People” was an even worse choice. Apologies to Twl and everyone. Please replace with "self-complimentary" and “salesmen”, respectively. I sincerely wanted to make my argument specific and shot myself in the foot.

"you show quite a need of humility yourself"

I am quite aware of my personality. I appreciate when someone can take me to task. Giving your opinion of me without giving your opinion of me isn’t interesting to me.

What I believe about your technology is irrelevant to any of my points, and whether I consider Sean a benchmark is irrelevant. Ethically, nothing Sean did flipped my switch. There are a lot of ethical issues in the world. One has to pick their battles, so stating I do not address any others is not a defense or an offense of any kind.

"All my posts have withstood the scrutiny of the moderators here, and they have been monitored. Starsound's "deal" with Audiogon is the same as any other supporting advertiser, without whom the members would not enjoy the benefit of this website."

Audiogon was here before you. For good reason we had a rule, that is still posted, about not allowing posts obviously trying to sell something. If we all were trying to sell something on the forums this would be one sorry site. All I can do is post what I think in the forums. There is no plan of action as you claim; I'm just not going to shrug and let this one pass. Others have maintained a presence in audiogon without injecting substanceless advertisements. There has been an exchange of expertise and company awareness, but not with Star Sound.

“I've reduced my posting on this board by about 80% from my previous contributions, and the bulk of my typing time now comes from answering many emails from members asking me for advice about their systems. Oddly enough, they don't share your views about me. And I do everything I can to help them. And many times I don't even discuss anything that I sell. Surprise!"

I am already aware of this.

I never asked you to explain yourself. I would never try to induce you in to a tirade to get you kicked out, a notion I find absurd.
Thank you Ohlala, for your very reasonable, and polite response.

I appreciate that.
As a direct reaction to their marketing I will not try or purchase any of the Star Tech products. I don't approve of their behavoir and I'm voting with my wallet.
Good-day listeners,

I would like to invite each of you who feel that Star Sound Technologies is associated with unfair business practices or whatever you are accusing us of; to please telephone me directly. I will take the time to personally discuss and address all of your concerns. If you truly feel that Star Sound is such a huge problem here, then speak directly to me on these issues (toll free 1-877-668-4332) or email us your telephone number from abroad and best time to call as I will be happy telephone you. If any prefer, at that time we will also initiate a conference call with Audiogon management and clear the air once and for all.

In the beginning there was a rouge player, an Authorized Star Sound Dealer from Canada that initiated very questionable ethics. Unfortunately for us he chose our products as his vehicle to do so. Until that point in time Star Sound never was concerned with nor participated with Internet forums of any kind. As soon as a few of our customers notified me of this Dealer’s actions and upon our discovery thereof, we immediately had our Legal Counsel issue cease and desist documents to said Dealer. If you research the history of Star Sound participation here you will also discover that once this Dealer was silenced our participation completely disappeared from this site for more than half a year.

Eventually a few veteran members of Audiogon posted comments on our products and were immediately attacked by a few upset participants who provided their predetermined judgments against our company based on the past situation. These veterans were also heavily criticized with written accusations against them. They, who were completely innocent of all, should have never received the type of treatment that was bestowed upon them.

I received a telephone call from a few clients with concerns as to our reputation being damaged on Audiogon as they highly recommended that we should participate once again. Needless to state when we posted answers to a few questions we too were immediately met with the same type of response. It appeared that some of the villagers here found their new monster. This time though instead of our products taking the brunt of the attacks, the focus was more dead set against the believability of our technological advancements.

When we explained in basic terms how the technology functions, time and time again certain posters here refused to accept any response whatsoever coming from our company employment (degreed engineers). This was the principle reason that Star Sound established the paraphrase – “your money back if you do not enjoy what our products do for music and listening”. (Please do not look at this printed paragraph (above), turn it around and again position it as an advertising ploy as it is only intended to be recognized for what it is – a simple solution for all to justify any argument.)

Star Sound participates in the most volatile and contentious part of the Hi-End Audio Industry – resonance control. Our products have been accepted by listeners long before the dawn of the Internet and this forum. Our company is driven by science and discovery and will always stand behind our products, employees and the results from their labors in any and all situations regardless of financial or social risk. Our intent is to provide an understanding as to the technology, product function and the results thereof.

Every manufacturer who participates here wishes to create sales from their participation otherwise why would they be spending their limited time? When you, yourself, work hard at your job, providing your labors that are critical to your future and the future of an industry, do you not expect to gain from your efforts?

The only way a manufacturer receives payment for their hard work, dedication and investment in research, thus growing this Audio Industry is through the sales of their products. Every manufacturer (in any business) is always concerned for their employees and families well being, increasing more jobs and adding additional wealth in order to support a greater positive growth. The bare necessity for increasing sales for all manufacturers arises each and every day of their existence.

Audiogon is growing and constantly evolving into a much more educational site and is consistently drawing more manufacturers’ participation. We wish to continue our efforts here as I ask this question. How does one provide enough information on a newfound process without coming off as a sales pitch or shilling products?

I personally now find this history of ours – just that, history.

Again moving forward, please feel free to contact me. If you ever have the chance to speak with any manufacturer via phone or face-to-face (at an audio show or seminar); you already know the satisfaction you attain when all your questions are answered.

At that time you will also realize that manufacturers are actually no different than the Audiophiles who purchase their products. Enjoyment from listening, the gaining of knowledge and creating friendships is the exacting end result, each and every time.

Thank you for your understanding and as always – Good Listening!

Robert Maicks
President
Star Sound Technologies, LLC