Question About Low Frequency Sounds

I came across the following info on the internet and I can't figure out whether it makes any sense or not.

Sound frequencies below 20Hz (even up to 30Hz) can directly affect states of consciousness. For those of you who don't know, our brains vibrate at different frequencies depending on the level of awareness (consciousness) we are in. Consciousness lies on a continuum. The scale is as follows:

.5-3Hz - Delta. This is the sleep state.
4-7Hz - Theta. The meditative/hypnotic state.
8-12Hz - Alpha. The "relaxed alert" state.
13-20Hz - Beta. Normal wakeful consciousness.
20-32Hz - High beta. Manic states.

Does anybody know anything about this? If true, it's implications on music reproduction could be profound.
128x128onhwy61
2001impala, besides being offensive your comments are wrong. Rap music's bass is concentrated in the 60Hz to 120Hz region. Know what your talking about before you start typing!
I thought 2001Impala's comment was funny but I don't listen to boom-boom music much. However Onhwy61's comment was even funnier! When reading about thugs, violence, and animals, he relates it to Rap music. Quite a definition! ;)

I did some research in motor control drives a few years ago as part of an electrical engineering project. It turns out that we had to program a notch filter for the 7-8 Hz frequency because of the driver's feet pulsating the accelerator. It was the human natural frequency that was turning up as weird spikes in the motor controller's input. We were all surprised. I don't think the scale shown here is quite right but we definately have natural frequencies, just like everything else. Arthur
Onhwy61,

I am well aware of what region Rap musics bass is concentrated, my comment was meant in jest.

Furthermore, I enjoy listening to some of it. As far as you finding my statement offinsive, GROW UP!