Power Conditioners vs. Power Cables

I couldn't find anyone discussing this topic... if I'm mistaken please advise.

Does one negate the need for the other? In short, I want to know if my recent acquisition of a Monster HTS-5100, which noticeably improved the sound of my system, precludes the need for me to consider upgrading my power cables, as well, in hopes that it could further enhance the sound.
I’ve heard that there was no point to it with a power conditioner... that it was all I needed. Does anyone feel differently? I'm not sure what the general consensus tends to be on this issue.
I was of the belief that the power conditioner served to clean up the power from the city, but that the power cable would improve the transfer of the now 'clean' electricity from the conditioner to the components. Am I wrong and wasting my money investing in upgraded PC's? Or, is there, definitely more room for improvement to be had?

Thanks in advance!!
vectorman67
Buy a "Silent Cable" 10 gauge from Frank for 60 bucks and a shielded Belden kit from Ernie (Subaruguru) for about 30 bucks. Both advertize on A-Gon. For less than 100 bucks you can find out for yourself. Try them on different components and get ready to order more. You will be a believer.
In my system I received much improvement each time I added one of the following:
Dedicated 20-amp line.
Using cryogenically treated hospital grade outlets.
Using a power conditioner.
Using upgraded power cords.
Different brands work well, and you need to experiment to see what sounds best to you, with your equipment.
Lak has given you the correct sequence to inprovements, though you might just want to start with step 2, being cheaper than step 1, unless you can do it yourself...
You can have dedicated 20 amp circuits and cryo'd outlets and even outstanding AC conditioning, and I would still say that the power cords one uses can have SERIOUS sonic impacts on the sound quality of your system. I say this because a friend of mine has all of the above and AC cords still impact his system immensely. He can completely change the sound of his system by switching out the AC cord of his Mark Levinson transport.

I do not have dedicated lines or Cryo'd outlets (someday soon....), but I do have decent AC conditioning for my front end and my preamp. And power cords can also totally transform the sound I hear from my system as well.

KF
YES, I agree! Power cords can also totally transform the sound I hear from my system as well.