what really happened to j. skul

why did j skul get fired from stereophile?
capeguy
Without mentioning any names I heard the gentleman was some what of a problem for Stereophile. He did not get along with manufacturers and did not like to return equipment loaned for review. I can't imagine why this would be an issue!
The 'budget cuts' doesn't withstand scrutiny with the hiring of Art Dudley so hot on Scull's heels. Art Dudley is an improvement though.
Fine Tunes was helpful initially but ceased it's usefulness before it ran it course.
Or maybe I'm wrong.
Capeguy:

"this is a hobby, not life or death."

So, your hobby is gossiping about individuals and their personal/professional lives in public forums?

"even if i had j10 address which i do not, i wouldn't call him and ask him about something that may be painful for him to discuss with anyone lest of all a stranger."

and... instead, you decided to discuss the incident in a public forum (JS has posted @ AA and I assume reads these forums as well). Whether I lighten up, or not, I still find this thread to be of poor taste/judgement.

Granted that certain people in the industry have cried out (by their actions) for public scrutiny, I do not consider JS to be in this group.
dekay, gossiping, poor taste/judgement are you for real? js is or was a public figure and im sure he would understand a long time subscribers interest in the sudden departure of a senior editor given the one line response by j. atkison regarding his absence from the mag. i was really interested in any readers opinion of stereophiles take on this, as you can see from the responses people all had different opinions on the issue but none came out with an over the top attack on my motive in asking the question. by the by, who set you up as arbiter of taste and judgement? i asked myself why is thi guy such a tight ass on this and then i read your bio. now i understand. this hobby is about love of music and the equipment that makes it sound great. i don't have time for your bitterness, so adios dekay
meisterkleef,i thought about your comment re;scull and at the risk of pissing off that great arbiter of taste and judgement,dekay, i think you were interested in his stuff for the same reason as i,he was extremly entertaining,even if you disagreed with his sometime esoteric views on audio, he always made yoU THINK AND SOMETIME LAUGH. I HOPE HE HOOKS UP WITH ANOTHER AUDIO MAG,TAS? EVEN THOUGH HP HAS STATED NO WAY FOR WHAT EVER HIS REASONS. SCULL HAS A FOLLOWING, MY SELF INCLUDED, WHO CONSIDER HIM VERY ENTERTAINING IN AN INDUSTRY THAT SOMETIMES TAKES ITSELF WAY TO SERIOUSLY.
trelja, i agree art dudly is a great guy and an asset to stereophile, listener was a niche mag that catered to the horn speaker set amplifier audiophile. without bashing these folks, do you really believe that the average stereophile reader is interested in 5watt amps and exotic horn speakers?art is much more than a one dimensional audiophile,but if you read his mag, you know were his interests are. maybe im wrong.