Is 2 channel dead?

I keep reading about SACD and DVD-A and I wonder about the modest 2 channel system I am trying to build. Am I wasting my time? Am I throwing away money on something that won't last past next year? If so, what the heck am I going to do with all these CDs? Will 2 channel and 5,6, and 7.1 exist together?
matchstikman
If it's dead, do I bury my two channel system in a maple, oak, mahogany, or mdf coffin? Should the coffin be on spikes or on Aurios MIB Pro With Tungsten-Carbide Balls?
2 Channel has already survived the last surround sound craze (quadraphonics.) I suspect that it might out last this one as well, and maybe for the same reasons.
OUCH!! This hobby isn't cheap. I just thought I would ask cuz I was wondering, but you guys have put me in my place. Funny thing is that I remember a friend of mine back in high school that spent the entire salary he made during summer vacation to put in that high dollar 8 track system into his car. Well, do I say more?
My 2ch ref system ALWAYS sounds MUCH more musical than my HT system. And it should, given the investment. The HT is great on TV, background FM, but that's it, baby!