Power Conditioning for a mid-fi system.

I am trying to get the best components I can get, but on my budget I do what I can do; however, I think my system, when it is done, well be better than your average bears'. Anyway, I have been plugging all of my stuff into the same power strip and it is getting kind of messy. I would like to get a good power conditioner, but what, and at a budget price, new or used. I think I am going to get an ultimate outlet for my subwoofer just because it is so far away from my other stuff. I have had my eye on a PS Audio rig, but new it is out of my price range for now and used, well, that isn't happening. It seems to be a hot item. What else is there?

Any ideas would be helpful.
matchstikman
I have the Vansevers Super Companion, I think it is around $150 new. Has digital and parallel filters, surge protection, 6 isolated outlets and a IEC. Does it make a difference? Not sure, didn't notice any change putting it in. However, they state that you notice such things more when you take out of your system than when you put in. I haven't taken it out yet.

I have my piece of mind anyway.
I actually use a Vansevers Super Companion for part of my HT system. One nice thing about it for a low cost device is the IEC plug, so you can upgrade the power cord on it.

I use a Vansevers Reference 85 on another system with a Blue Circle BC62 power cord replacing Mike's standard cord.

I have also replaced all the outlets everywhere I have any kind of audio or video gear, even in areas not having dedicated lines. Well worth the small expense.
Sugarbrie:

Have you used the HTS2000 in your system? I have had very good results using two of them for the past three years.

So far I have been able to try the HTS1000/2500 & 3500 models (which I did not care for), but the HTS2000 is an exception. The HTS2000 was also designed by a different EE than the rest, as the story goes, who later went -w- MIT.

I have read that the HTS1000 is supposed to be the same (a few less outlets), but it did not sound the same and the higher models sounded compressed in comparison.

I like them enough that I recently purchased 12 Hubbell outlets (to upgrade the stock ones), don't care about the warranty as the pair only cost $250 new with a discount.
Good question Matchstikman, I am also interested in affordable power conditioning - as must be others. Where is the "knee of the curve" on price vs sound quality?

Has anyone tried the JR Power Source kit from www.diycable.com? It is a Jon Risch design.

Zorpman - to which brand line conditioner do you refer?

Cheers
Hi Dekay,
I have a few Monsters I use to power part of the HT system, and a couple TV's and VCR's in bedrooms. They do clear up the TV picture and brighten the colors some.