I don't remember much, but I remember......

Not sure about you guys but it seems to me that things are getting a little tense here again and we need to have a little bit of fun! I was enjoying an evening of listening to my rig and then I saw it...my first CD(sorry guys too young for LP's!). I remember everything about the day I got it, the weather, the time, where it was purchase, even the price! The CD was U2's "Achtung Baby" I put the CD in(I have not listened to it in years)and was brought back to a time not too long ago when things seemed.....well, simpler. Then I got to think what a profound impact that one event had on my life, the joy of music. Does anyone else remember there first CD or LP? did it have as much of an impact on you as mine had on me?
tireguy
I believe that Jefferson Airplane Surrealistic Pillow and Cream Disreali Gears were two of my first. Guess that puts a distinct time and flavor to my late adolesence (probably a junior in high school at the time, ca. 1968).
My first 45 was Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson and Clover. It was on Roulette records and I listened to it "over and over". :)
Dekay: Country Joe and the Fish... And it's one, two, three what are we fighting for, don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is Vietnam, and it's five, six, seven, open up Pearly Gates, well I ain't got time to wonder why, whoopee we're all gonna die!!!

Wow!!! I have not thought about or heard that song for at least 30 odd years.
My first cassette was the Kraftswerk's ' The Man Machine" , which I was listening over and over again and again. Till this day I am not tired of them. Disco came and went ( although some I still like). Of course, Now I have the CD and play it on 50K+ system. Since then I have graduated to variety of music, BuT mY Love For Kraftwerk remains.
Dear Tireguy:

Boy do I ever! I've loved music for as long as I can remember. My mom used to buy me 45's of songs I'd fallen in love with on the radio when I was a kid and had NO money. (This followed a long string of making my own tapes from the radio. Story available elsewhere in these pages.) The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace was one of the first. With my first paper route came money to buy the 45's myself. Hooked on a Feelin' and The Streak were amongst the first then. Then it happened, I saved enough to buy a whole LP! My first was EJ's Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy followed shortly thereafter by Yes' Fragile and the Who's Tommy. These records hold a special place in my heart to this day. If you've fallen in love with this hobby get yourself a turntable and a few records. You can thank me later.