Sound Absorbing Material

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for sound absorbing material that really works? I want to maximize absorbtion and minimize reflections.

Thanks,
Rick
rgodin
Two more are fiberglass and Sonex. audioadvisor carries sonex. You can use fiberglass to build your own.
Thermafiber (compressed fiberglass panels)will do the trick.

Cover it with some thin cloth...
I built several baffles for my listening area using panels called "Sonolead", which is two layers of high-density fiber glass with a thick, flexible vinyl material in the middle (like a sandwich). "Sonolead" panels were designed for use on marine diesel engines, and they REALLY cut the noise. I purchased these panels, plus other sound absorption material, from a local marine supply store. If you have a good marine supply store in your area that carries engine and engine room parts, you can probably find "Sonolead" or something similar. If you don't have a local source, my local store ships anywhere. The name of the store here in Seattle is Hamilton Jet, and their Web site lists a number of sound absorption materials. The Web address is: http://www.hamiltonjet.com/noise/noise-vibrations.html
Thanks all for your valuable information. I now have a volumes of information to review.

Rick
1st contact your speaker manufacturer and try the tweaks that they recommend for optimum placement.

2nd get 3 pillowcases, stuff them full of $50.00 dollar bills. Mail them to me to make sure they are correctly stuffed.

3rd Use ASC tube traps they do work.