Do CD-R's sound the same as originals

does a burned copy of a cd sound the same as the original
soundwatts5b9e
How can anyone who listens to music on high end equipment think that CD-Rs sound the same as the originals. It's like comparing a Pioneer receiver to a Krell KSA-100. Audiophiles are supposed to listen to the music, and the final result that pleases their ears.
Leolewis7 - any insight as to why that is? We're 140+ posts into this topic and a whole bunch of people have said that they absolutely sound differently, but I haven't seen any real theory put on the table as to why this would be the case and I'm still curious. I'm also curious if you, as somebody who hears an obvious difference, has taken the time to compare the copy to the original to see if you have an exact match, or are your experiences based on possibly different "versions" of the same CD?

Maybe I just need to upgrade my Pioneer receiver :-)

Yes they do if they are done properly, in my opinion. No one who thinks otherwise in this post has so far presented an even remotely satisfying explanation to the contrary. And it is clear that at least some of the people who hear differences are not properly making their copies. Particularly those who claim they hear big differences.