Do CD-R's sound the same as originals

does a burned copy of a cd sound the same as the original
soundwatts5b9e

Showing 2 responses by leolewis78396

How can anyone who listens to music on high end equipment think that CD-Rs sound the same as the originals. It's like comparing a Pioneer receiver to a Krell KSA-100. Audiophiles are supposed to listen to the music, and the final result that pleases their ears.
It's obvious that Joe_coherent and Kthomas have placed a significant value on CR-Rs. It's quite possible that "better" equipment will produce a better result. Beauty is in the eyes (in this case ears) of the beholder. After all, this, the greatest hobby in the world, manufactures controversy, doesn't it? Like tubes vs. transistors. Vinyls vs. CDs. If you guys feel that you can equal or better the result of the aluminum disc, go for it. For me, I am not impressed. If I want a "better version", I could invest in a gold CD. If someone with a Pioneer receiver and Pioneer CD player tells me there is no difference whatsoever when he listens to my system, I do not argue. The Pioneer fellow has achieved a state of joy and ecstasy -- what right have I to put thumb prints on his rose colored glasses.