Audiophile USB to PCM

I have an excellent upsampler and dac (dCS Purcell/Delius) and am looking for the very best USB to PCM conversion. So far, I've tried SlimDevices Squeezebox, and Xitel Pro Hi-Fi link.

Both are very good, but I was wondering if there are any other options I should be considering. Both the Sutherland USB Preamp and the Wavelength USB Dac convert to analog. I'd like something of similar quality that stops short of the digital to analog conversion so that I can let the dCS gear do that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

harry
hbrandt
I use the u24 and run itunes with Apple lossless as well, and run it into an Apogee Mini DAC. Incredible combination.
Ultraviolet -- hey man, the U24 came first so I've had it plugged in and have not tested the Audiophile. Unfortunately the weak link in my system is my larger than life ROOM! It is 45' l x 24' w x 20' h. Yeah, 20' ceilings. You wouldn't believe how these ML Request electrostats disappear in this room.

So I am probably not the best judge of source sound quality right now... U24 sounds good to my ear though, no better or worse than a CD source (although I do not have a high end CD source). Will let you know here if I decide to pull this Audiophile out of the box. Thanks for all your posts.
What is wrong with using your SB2 feeding into your dCS?
I am going to use the SB2 feeding into my EMM Labs...
my path is about to be: RME PCI card output to DCS elgar+ for conversion with the card's WC slaved to the elgar in mastermode. the RME card claims to output 24/192 but isn't my signal from the PC stuck at 16/44? is it even possible to output 24/192 through AES/EBU or digital outs from a PC? if so, is this a function of the source files i'm using? i'm using masterclock mode to reduce jitter, but is this worth it if the signal is stuck at 16/44 and i'm not upsampling at all?
Rk_t, I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm sure someone could write software (or maybe it exists) to use the PC processor to upsample, but... seems to me that would be pretty processor intensive and subject to the vagaries of whatever other daemons or processes demand CPU time. I'm guessing you are better off matching your Elgar with a dCS Purcell if the upsampling really matters to you...