Forget Expensive Gel Absorbers

Its amazing how your mind works when your in the hobby! Walking through the hardware store I noticed the cheapest tweak yet! Look for ACE Hardware Wall Mount Door Stops ACE Part#51442. These are identical to the Sorbothane (or whatever) half globe gel feet supports that retail for a huge margin. I picked up 4 of these gel doorstops for $6.00!!!
They do a great job!

Have fun!
mhubbard
It's always fun, and sometimes a little disconcerting, to find tweaks at a fraction of the price that is charged for the identical "audio" version. Blu-Tak is another example: you can buy essentially the same product for less at OfficeMax or Office Depot, where it's marketed as stuff to stick posters to the wall.
Yes the so called "brotherhood" of audiophiles apparently ends when the manufacturers/dealers need gas for their Mercedes. $100 for $1 worth of product? No problem! There are plenty of suckers to go around! Keep shoveling! Alright, I know I sound bitter (but the above is still true). Anyway, thanks goodness for this site so we can "come together" (thanks John) and share our discoveries. Here's one: Go to the "musician's friend" website to find inexpensive foam treatment for your walls.
Apparently, musicians playing at full volume, can make do with panels costing 50% less than us peabrains er, audiofools uh, -philes happily pay. Rock on..