Dedicated line vs. power conditioner

I've pretty much found the gear for my "keeper" system. Now, I'm turning my attention to the little things that make a system sound its best. Which is the better tweak, running one or more dedicated power lines to my audio gear, or investing in a high quality line conditioner? I've heard arguments both ways. Some say the line conditioner is better because there is "junk" coming in even with a dedicated line. Others say you'll never know true power and dynamics without a 20 or 30 amp line. Any thoughts?
macm
for bang for the buck, i heartily vote for the dedicated line. i paid less than $300 incl Hubbell 20amp sockets. I ran 4 dedicated circuits, one for amps, one for digital, one for analog front end, one for my preamp.
I think both arguments are valid. A dedicated line will allow your system to draw current independent of the rest of your home. A wire can only carry a limited amount of current before it begins to heat up and limit the draw. This effect can be minimized by running heavy gauge lines directly from your circuit box.

However, this will do little to reduce the effects of noise on the line that a well designed power conditioner will address. I am currently using a balanced transformer with noise reduction (Furman) connected to a dedicated line near my breaker box. I then ran 4 separate lines from the Furman to my gear. The reduction in the noise level was very noticeable. I hope to soon begin experimenting with a PS Audio power plant to see if that will offer any benefits.
Post removed