New Visitor Confused Over Upgrade

I found this website hoping to compare technical specifications between my Carver receiver and a newer model by Bang & Olufson. As the quoted total harmonic distortion and signal to noise ratio of the Carver is very low, I didn't think that new equipment would add any discernible benefit, at least not enough to justify the considerable difference in price. I am finding a lot of your posts more confusing than informative. As a professional person (not to brag but I make six figures) who has completed post graduate level correspondance courses in EE and knows how to solder, a lot of your posts about tube amps (obselete!) and wires (commodity?) etc. just don't really make sense. In addition to the Carver, I am using a Sony Disc Jockey and I have JBl speakers which are very accurate (used as monitors in many recording studios) and very revealing about associated components. You guys should really learn a little more about how electronics really work before posting such definitive opinions which could mislead new people looking for guidance.
peter_everington9f8b
Anyone who lives in the land of Quad, KEF, B&W, etc. and chooses B&O (Bong & Owfulsound) and JBL (Just Bad Loudspeakers) is beyond help. Must be the English food, what?
I remember when I knew everything, those were the days! Now I suffer with tubes and horns, pray for me I must be obsolete.
I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Thanks guys. Tube technology may be obsolete in terms of signal to noise and other meaningless crap, but they sound nice. I don't take out the spec sheets of my components and read them for enjoyment, I place a record on the platter, sit back and enjoy the music. I enjoy my obsolescence, my tubes, my analog devices. I do feel my ears are analog too.
I did not read all your reactions, just the starting shot from Peter the Brit and I tend to think that he's making this up, pulling all our legs. Pg correspondence courses in EE indeed......and his "system"? What a well thought out collection of horrors. Its nothing else but an attempt to provoke our audiophile sensibilities. This is all so curmudgeonlike and dumb, that it can hardly be real. Well done Petieboy!