Help With My Next Upgrade Please

Thanks to the info gained here, I am now the proud owner of a Bryston 4B-ST amp, now feel I need to upgrade my CD player. I am currently using an older Yamaha 5 disc player (please stop laughing) and here are my options, please add or comment, thanks. Keep in mind I have a few hundred CDs and am looking to improve the sound of 2 channel playback. 1. Purchase Rega Planet 2000 2. Purcahse Sony SACD 777ES or 5 disc 333ES 3. Keep Yamaha player for now and add DAC like P3A (maybe even P1A eventually) These are the options, please advise, thanks.
miked
You might want to look into the Sony DVP9000ES. I don't have one and have never heard one, but I've heard that they're well made...regular CD playback is very good...it's a DVP player (so it will play DAD audio)...and it plays SACD too. I think the list is $1500, so it probably goes for $1100-$1300 somewhere. If I were buying a player these days, I'd definitely check it out.
There's another thread that gives info on getting the DVP9000ES for $1075 - if DVD performance is of any value to you, this is a lot of bang for the buck.
For DVD/Cd/SACD - the new Sony 9000ES, for Cd/SACD the new Sony 333Es "platter" if only for cost, for cd only look into the new Diva line by Arcam as a potential option. There are rumblings on multi-format players that may be out after the CES - I would hold off until then...
Does anyone know if the 9000ES and the 333ES have the same innards (is that a word) except for the progressive DVD part. I see no problem with waiting until after CES but would like to make a move soon, I don't have a progressive scan capable TV, so that part of the 9000ES would be of no use to me. Is it foolish of me to even think of buying just a CDP, like the Rega Planet I mentioned in my first post??