Best 845 amp?

Your take on the best 845 amp?
cbird1
Nobody mentioned the Consonance 845. Its 211 version got a rave review on Enjoy the Music. Anyone tried them?
Forgot to mention that the Viva amp is one powerful unit. Some people use them to drive very difficult loads such as Sound Labs.
Check out the deHavilland Aries 845-G SET amps with the Shuguang 845Bs tubes. Very nice and not too too expensive.

http://www.dehavillandhifi.com/RogerGordonSuperTNT_845B.htm
Based on my experience with the Audion Black Shadow mono 845 amps, I'd have to recommend the current updated version, the 3-chassis Elite. Audion amps have a very specific signature that is exceedingly natural, fast and dimensioned. I've heard the deHavilland, the Consonance, the Verdier and the Bel Canto. There isn't a clunker among them so you can't really go wrong with any. But the Audion 845 circuit is uniquely musical and involving. That circuit can use all of the current Chinese 845s, which makes the sound tunable. The Shuguang 845C lower disspation just makes it and delivers 20% less power. It runs a little hot but is stable and sounds great. The new SuperTNT 845M of course is fully in operating range and may be preferable for both sound and longevity reasons. The KR 845 is a drop-in substitution in the Audion circuit. I haven't heard it but the Audion CEO recommends it and thinks it sounds sublime.

Phil

Phil