What preamp for Lamm M1.2 ?

I was thinkung about getting the ARC Ref 3, but I din't noticed that Lamms have an awfull lot of gain - 32dB. I was told that the Ref 3 will not work well with Lamms because of that.

I know that the logical step is to get the Lamm preamp but beeing as lazy as I am, I want something withe a remote (not to mention SINGLE volume knob).

Any thoughts ?
128x128elberoth2
I had the same problem with my Lamm M1.1's and went to the Rowland Synergy IIi (I ran it off of batteries) or the higher end Rowland Preamp. Plenty of Volume gain and 0.5dB volumn increments with a Remote Control. I tried CJ preamp and it was either too loud or too soft. I ran the Rowland Balanced.
Elberoth2,

I'm guessing I'm the one Kurt mentioned with the Capitole direct to the M2.1s. I haven't tried a good preamp in my system yet, so I can't give you an idea of whether it improves the Capitole. I'm pretty happy running direct, but I'm under the impression that a good preamp will improve things. I guess it doesn't matter though, since my Capitole doesn't have analog inputs, and I'm working towards adding a turntable. Gotta get a pream whether I like it or not...

For a long time, I said I'd never buy a Lamm preamp because of the dual volume knobs and lack of remote control. I consider this stuff to be a luxury, and a luxury doesn't reqire me to actually walk to the equipment to turn the volume up or down. After some thinking (and falling in love with the L2 in other systems) I've decided I can deal with it. I haven't really gotten over the idea of no remote for volume, I've gotten around it... When I'm seriously listening, I almost never change the volume. If I really need to, there's always the volume control on the Capitole. I don't see myself moving to anything other than the AA Prestige or the Meitner setup, so I'll probably always have a volume control.

And, I have to agree with Kurt about analog. I've heard the Meitner CDSD/DCC2, the Audio Aero Prestige, and the Brinkmann Balance turntalbe (Brinkmann arm, Lyra Titan cartridge, Lamm LP2 phono) in the same system at the same time. LP vs CD, it was no contest. The Brinkmann walked all over digital. LP vs SACD, it was close. I preferred the Brinkmann here again, but I can see someone with different taste preferring the Meitner there. The Prestige was fairly new, and I think not fully broken in yet. I've heard it sound better since then.

Steve
The other option I seriously consider is Reimyo CDP777 and EMM DCC2/CDSD. In both cases I will need a preamp though.

Not quite true. Remember the DCC2 has a preamp (not just volume control) and I am currently running my DCC2 direct into Lamm M1.2's. However, if you search you will find there have been threads arguing that an excelllent separate preamp may significantly improve the sound over the DCC2. I haven't had the courage to try and will live with the great sound I have now with the DCC2 and Lamm M1.2 combo. Should I get into vinyl, I may re-explore a dedicated preamp.
It's funny how more and more people feel a separate preamp improves a CDP with volume control. 4 years ago, I was just about the only one saying that on Agon!
Kurt,

Beeing 29, I unfortunately missed the great vinyl era. Since I remember, CDs were with me. As a resoult I do not have a single LP. On the other hand, I have over 800 CDs. I think it is too late for me to start assembling a vinyl collection, not to mention spending big $$$ on a vinyl rig.