Tubes for Top, SS for Bottom--Good Idea?

Ok, now I want the straight dope. Lots of people talk about the benefits of vertical biamping over horizontal, especially when two amps are involved. Of course, I'd prefer two Krell monoblocks per side if I could afford it. However, I can't and I've got two amps...one solid (perreaux 2150B) and one tube (Dyna St-70). Will my system sound better or worse if I use the dyna for the highs, Perreaux for the lows? If better, then how do I go about this?
issabre
I am sorry - I do not get the question. You own all the equipment - why not hook it up both ways and try it for yourself??? Trust your ears, not others opinions.
No, that's the problem. I don't own all the equipment. I do not have an active crossover that will equalize the Dyna gain with that of the Perreaux. A good quality cross over costs about five hundred dollars. The other option is just to buy a good tube preamp and be satified with running the Perreaux alone.
Don't know if my experience helps, but here it is. I ran for the past two years with a pair of LA Audio monoblocs powering the high end with a Bryston 3B for the bottom. (The LA Audios are from a Danish company currently called Audio Design, my amps were ancestors of their current P3 amplifier.) This setup created such an amazing sense of presence, particularly with large orchestral and choral works, that I am afraid I am going to have great difficulty matching it. My current problem is that one of the KT88's blew up and that caused me to discover that there are serious maintenance needs for both amps. I am currently trying to sort that out. Meanwhile I tried using a Mark Levinson 332 in their place and the sound, while extremely clear and crisp, had no life to it. I can only guess that the magic I experienced was due to the warmth of tube sound. Just personal opinion, hope it is of some interest.