Demo dispair

I hae just bought a pair of Audio Phyic demo's from a dealer in Wisconsn, I was told they were in perfect shape and could fill out warranty card. Well no material in box, includig warranty card. Several dings(cracked wood on top of speakers) and a fried tweeter. I can see that the tweeter was damaged and some kind of repair was attempted. So the dealer was well aware of the problems. I haven't contacted the dealer yet due to the time of discovery, they are closed. This truly sucks.
croach
I would call and ask to return them based on the incorrect reporting. It is likely they have a store standard return policy within a day or so. If they don't, you have the following recourse options: a) If you purchased with a credit card, you can dispute the credit card charge, and have your credit card company help you, b) Inform them that your story will be plastered all over the internet if they don't make good on the deal, c) find out if they sell new Audio Physics, and contact immedea (the importer - they have a web site) with a complaint, d) Call the better business bureau in their part of town and see if they can help you (probably not). You can try a small claims court lawsuit, but that will take considerable time and effort, and you will need written evidence.
I hope you used a credit card. If so, take the suggestion from John_1 and make your life easy. If they won't be reasonable write your credit card company, copy the dealer, and they will reverse the charge. Then wait for the dealer to call you begging to rectify the problem.
I agree with Jperry - This Dealer lied and if these speakers were posted on Audiogon - then I would contact them and expose this dealer to all of us - and I hope that you used a credit card
Well, the Immedia www site only lists one WI dealer for Audio Physic. Never dealt with them or been there. If Croach bought it somewhere else, better to say where than to cast suspicion on an innocent authorized dealer!
More to discover