Are Rotel amps and preamps any good?

I have heard both positive and negative feedback on Rotel by various dealers? I cannot find any reviews on Rotel...can anyone shed any light on the subject, please? Thanks in advance!
fogtownrog
Currently my system is based around a Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Integrated Amplifier and I have gone through many brands including NAD, Rotel, AR Cambridge, Mission/Cyrus, ARC, Mark Levinson.
As a spare system, I still have my Rotel RA-820BX which dislodged the NAD 3020 which is coming close to 20 years now! This is running a pair of Mission 70 speakers and still sounding great!

My CD source is a Rotel RCD990 which is over 8 years now. I tested many CD players at the time and during the last few years and I have not found anything below 5000$ with a big enough improvement to make we want to change.
I have a Rotel RB1080 and RC1090. Together they do seem to have synergy, but you don't hear much about them because they are considered "budget". I think they perform very well at their price point.

Stereophile said the RB 1090 is one of the best buys in all of audio becuase of its price/performance. Not that I always agree with them. I've never heard the RB 1090. So, I don't know about that.

All this being said, it's definately not the at the pinnacle of high end, but it doesn't cost $10k either. Its closer to $1-2 k.

Rob
Rotel amplifiers are simply amazing for their price, as I have discovered on two past purchases. Connected to a quality preamp like ARC it is like letting the music out of the box, keeping up with the front end improvements. Granted there are better but at many times the price!
The RMB-1095 is at the center of my multi-channel system. I've never considered upgrading it.
It's good for money. You won't find any amp better then rotel RB 1090 with $2k . Don't compare them with Mark levinson, Krell , Plinius....