Cable tv induced power hum

I have a Proceed AVP HT processor connecting EAD Powermaster 2000 amp, CD,MSB Link DAC, DVD, VCR, Phono, FM, Subs, & Cable, power connected thru Monster HTS 2000. If I switch Amp direct to wall outlet I have a huge hum. Thru Monster powerconditoner it quites down, but is still present. If I disconnect cable from VCR or TV & it goes away and am left with slight speaker hiss. How can I remove hum from my system? Do I ground cable, and if so how? I have no converter box. I have @home internet connection thru cable. Should I try some technique with sources other than Cable TV lead? Should I get another power conditioner or another type power conditioner to eliminate the hum? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give. Larry Norton
Ag insider logo xs@2xlesteryoung
I forgot - for info on MAGIC, here is the URL: http://www.mondialdesigns.com/acurus/acuhomef.htm Good luck!
Agreed, 100% with the "Magic" box...it works as advertised! Mike Classe'SSP-25, JoLida 502A,Pioneer Elite DV-05, Denon analog table w/ Grado signature cartrige, Theil 2 2 mains, Paradigm center, B$W surrounds, NAD amps for center and surrounds.
Hi--Thanks for all your great advice. To followup: 1. I ordered and installed the Madrigal M.A.G.I.C. and it eliminted the power hum. 2. I had the cable company come out and check my groud. Seems as though when the @home cable guys installed my internet cable they didn't re-ground or else changed a ground or a lead or something. The regualar cable guy did something (at least he told my wife he did) to eliminate the hum. 3. Now I am left with a speaker hiss in the system. Just enough to be noticeable at low levels. I'm investigatin power conditioner and balancers and I'm really confused: Bybee Power Conditioners and Quantum line filter; CinePro Power 20, Tice Power Block III, Richard Gray The Power Company, PS Audio. I have a Monster MTS 2000, but it's not doing the full job. What way to go? Any ideas or your experience would be appreciated. Thanks
THE BEST THING TO DO IS NEVER EVER PUT YOUR EARS CLOSE TO THE SPEAKERS. PROBLEMS SOLVED. WON'T HEAR A THING!
The cheapest way to eliminate cable tv hum is to add a drain wire to the coax shield. Here's what you do: Remove F-connector from coax. Attach a 18ga. copper wire to the coax shield. Crimp on new F-connector. Attach other end of drain wire directly to your copper cold water pipe. If dedicated earth ground is used add drain wire to a 3 prong ac plugs ground pin and plug directly into wall outlet.