Biamping -- any good?

Recently, I read a speaker review in which the reviewer indicated that biamplification (versus use of the conventional single-amp configuration) had noticeably improved the sound quality of his speakers. I find this to be very interesting; however, having no experience in this area, I was wondering if anyone would care to share their good/bad experiences? The info you provide will assist me in determining whether I should pursue this aspect of audio or not.
delmo
Unless you have electronic crossovers, or just need an extension of your manhood, spare the costs and put it into a better single amp.
Bi-amping works well if speaker is designed for it. Works the least well using passive cross-over and best with active 24 db/octave. I currently run a tri-amp system that I am very pleased with. I recommend a 4:2:1 ratio for woofer:mid:tweeter amps. Getting the coils out the crossover reduces phase shift and gives a much clearer image. The direct connection to the amplifier makes the sound much crisper. The down side is 1) the drivers are defenseless from rogue transients. 2) A veritable wiring nightmare. 3) A lot more tweaking is required to optimize the sound. (some people think this is fun!) Most people doing this sort of thing are speaker builders rolling their own. Passive cross-over design is complicated and the engineering is usually what you pay for in high end speakers. You can circumvent the cost by buying "high end" drivers (Scan-speak, Dynaudio, Focal etc), building your own cabinets and investing in extra amps and electronic cross-overs. Gentleman, start your multi-amping!
Don't bi-amp. You'll get better sound (and a simpler hook up) for your money buying one better amp than two amps and an electronic crossover for the same price. The comment made in the one of the other statements from the B&W sales reps was succinct, concise, and correct.
I have a biamped system. I run a modified adcom on the bottom and a highly modified Musical Design D140 on the top. Speakers are Legacy Signature III's. The Adcom amp was modified to match the level of the MD140. The sound is spectacular, more detailed, dynamic and involving than with one amp. The best of both worlds, bipolars on the bottom, mosfets on the top. CS