Anyone using silicone oil for dampening??

I am looking for information on silicone oil that could be used for dampening my system. I am looking for someone with experience and has some knowledge regarding the use of silicone for dampening and possibly can help with the silicone viscosity..

Happy Listening.
bigkidz
Thanks Rushton,

I was looking at the silicone oil to use in dampening my racks and components by making/finding some type of small pads that I could sit my components or rack shelves on. Not sure what but in reading about dampening materials, silicone oil was an option to air, cones/spikes, pucks, ball and bearing type devices. I don't want the silicone to be hard or gel like, more in the lines of a liquid.
Bigkidz, the challenge with silicone is that it migrates everywhere and can create a real mess that can be very difficult to clean completely. If you want to try some damping pads, Loon's suggestion of sorbathane would be a better and safer option. Also consider Vibrapods. But, before going with a dampening solution like sorbathane or Vibrapods, be sure to do some reading in the archives. Experience with these solutions is far from uniformly positive. Good luck!
Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. Damping = removing energy from a system, Dampening = make wet

To use oil for damping, it would have to be in something like a shock absorber, with a paddle or valved piston in the oil. Just like a car, this shock would also need a spring as it will not hold things up on its own.

- Jeff