Do all sunfire subs hum and pop?

I have a sunfire super junior that almost constantly hums and on occassion makes odd pop or ckicking sounds. I have witnessed anothere that had the same hum. Its sounds like the same hum that comes from my cieling fans or low voltage lighting. Obvious I suspect the power. I've tried the Monster HTS 5000. Didnt help. Before I spend more money I thought I'd put out some feelers. Any help would be appriciated. Everything else seems to be fine except a hum bar that runs from left too right only when watching DVD's. Sorry if this is a redundant topic. Thanks for any help.
vidiot01
I've tried the whole ground lift thing. Its been sent back once 'cause it stoped working completly. When I got it back the work order looked like they replaced everything but the outside cabinet at no charge. It never pops when it auto turns on but if I plug/unplug it from power it pops pretty nasty. So much that I cant even use the power switching on the Monster 5000.
My first HT I had two sunfire subs and they both hummed and popped. Then I went to RELs, no problem. A few years later I bought two more sunfire subs, more hums and pops. Took them back and got Paradigm, no hums or pops. So, I think it is a design flaw.
yeah i agree with the consensus, i had a true sub mkiv, and it hummed and popped, and about drove me crazy, i got rid of it, and bought a different sub that is completely quiet
My Sunfire sub s dead quiet, always has been. It sounds like an electrical problem within your home. Cheers,
Spencer