Broke and still not happy

I like new country and good old rock & roll. My system sounds sterile, flat sounding,not musical and harsh in the highs.I have been playing bass guitar in the same band for 35 years for a living,I think I know what music is suppose to sound like. This is my gear.
Sonic Frontiers Line 1se,Classe Cam 200s,North Star Design Dac&Transport,Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors,Rel sub.Cables are balanced Nirvana SL pre to amps,Nirvana SL to speakers and Nirvana SX from source. Vibrapods under everything but amps. Echo Busters.HELP
gellis1
Marigo VTS tuning bands on your dynamic driver basket arms. That is one of the suggestions.Do you think I should try it? Or maybe put everything in a different room. Someone suggested cardas cables,Done that,Been their.Not rejecting.Don"t forget my first subject.BROKE.I was thinking it was my source and ask if anybody had heard the North Star Design DAC& TRANSPORT but nobody replied on that.I did remove the vibrapods but no change.
Gellis1,

If I remember correctly the Marigo bands are about $70 per driver pair. If the basket arms are of smallish circumference you can treat 2 driver pairs. These can add significant "involvement" for a relatively modest investment.

There are loads of DIY projects at Tweaker's Asylum that you can try that involve component isolation and other beneficial tweaks. I sense that your dissatisfaction could be cured with attention to some of the details I have mentioned. I have personally installed the Marigo bands on two pair of loudspeakers and greatly appreciated the results both times. I doubt very much that this treatment alone with get you where you want to be, but I am pretty confident it will make a difference that you will appreciate.

If you get over to the Tweaker's Asylum, check out bdiament posts regarding decoupling components and loudspeakers with roller bearings. I think he is right on the money with his assessments. An Audio Asylum member (transmissionfluid) is currently trying to organize a group purchase of Barry Diament's DIY Hip Roller bearings. These are 7075 grade aluminum discs milled to certain specs provided by Barry. If I were you I would take advantage of the offer. I don't know how close he is to getting this going, but I hope that it happens soon.

As Psychicanimal and others have mentioned, power treatment is another area that can help lead you to bliss. The only power treatment I am using personally is ACME silver plated/cryo treated outlets and this has lowered my systems noise floor significantly. I am currently researching how to more fully exploit power delivery options.

I also agree with Psychicanimal, sonic bliss involves a lot more than money alone can buy. That said money well spent on accessories can go a long way towards contentment too. With your budget you can afford to go slow. ;-) And even with a large budget, patience is the wise path to take.

If you are willing to make the investment someday, Machina Dynamica isolation platforms will most assuredly have a huge impact on improving the enjoyment of your current system.

I have never heard your digital equipment. If you make a specific request with North Star DAC/Transport in the title you presumably will find people who have. It is a good idea to poll these people as to what isolation, power, and cabling solutions have worked for them.
Gellis1,

I cannot speak to the power conditioners that you have because I have not personally tried them. However, based upon what I read I was not overly impressed with them. What I can atest to is what I have experienced in my own system. After researching power conditioners for myself, I concluded that the Richard Gray units were the ones I wanted to try. That being the case, I purchased a single "used" RGPC 400 MKII from Audiocon and put it in my system - just to try it out. It removed a large amount of the grundge and increased the dynamics of the sound significantly. It turned a system that was sterile to me into one that was extremely enjoyable to listen to. As a result of that experience, I rewired my system power for 240VAC, and added a 240VAC to 120VAC transformer and an RGPC 1200 Custom. The results have been wonderful!

This is the route I chose for my system, and If given a choice I would do it again because I think it is fundamentally sound. If I feel the need for more conditioning in the future I will probably add a PS-300 for the front end components.

Just my opinion - good luck :o)

Scott
Well, when I ask for help I didn"t expect all this. Scott,you suggested the Richard Gray well I had one of them to,and I tried the Chang so I don"t know maybe I don"t like line conditioners maybe thats why I like the Furutech and then again maybe I should try some other line conditioner.That could be part of my problem.How about speakers,are mine to nice for the type of music I listen to?