Broke and still not happy

I like new country and good old rock & roll. My system sounds sterile, flat sounding,not musical and harsh in the highs.I have been playing bass guitar in the same band for 35 years for a living,I think I know what music is suppose to sound like. This is my gear.
Sonic Frontiers Line 1se,Classe Cam 200s,North Star Design Dac&Transport,Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors,Rel sub.Cables are balanced Nirvana SL pre to amps,Nirvana SL to speakers and Nirvana SX from source. Vibrapods under everything but amps. Echo Busters.HELP
gellis1
Maybe I"m wrong but I thought vibrapods soften the sound and cones gave you more detail and highs.Not what I"m looking for.
Forget about both for now. Get EVERYTHING out. The point is that you have not addressed the power delivery/noise control department. Audio is mainly about power, vibration control & acoustics. You need to work one at a time. Power is relatively straightforward (I'm lying) and acoustics can be dealt mas o menos. Go to http://www.decware.com and the Rives forum in the Asylum. Catch up on the acoustics subject.

High end is who you are, not what you buy.

You may need to play with the crossover settings on your sub. I had set my crossover phase with a signal generator to give the strongest sound at crossover. I was very unhappy with the sound, although I didn't really tie it in to the lows. On a whim, I switched the sub polarity, and I was able to turn the sub up without boom, and everything sounded much more natural and alive. Best part is this one is FREE and EASY to do, and reversible!
I did not see any mention of power conditioning. Until you clean that up you cannot accurately assess the other elements of the system. The harshness you mention could very well be from dirty power - I doubt that it is coming from the excellent equipment you have. Clean it up, and then you can address system synergy, acoustics, etc. - if you even feel the need to at that point.