EAD lacks power compared to Sherbourn

I just picked up and EAD Powermaster 1000. It is replacing a sherbourn 5/1500a. The EAD has a cleaner and more musical sound but has a much lower output (volume). They are both rated 200 wpc. I'm wondering if I bought a problem. It sounds good but I'm running my prepro (Sunfire TGII) at a much higher level...is there a way do a simple check with a volt meter?
Thanks
truthrider
Look at the input sensitivity of the Sherbourn compared to the EAD. It is possible that the Sherbourn requires less drive to obtain rated output than the EAD does, so in effect, you've got to crank the gain up higher on the TG II in order to compensate.

As a side note, changes in tonal balance and / or a reduction in distortion can drastically alter the perceived volume of a system or component. Sean
>
Truthrider,
I think you will find that amp. is a little better that just good. Don't be afraid to crank it.

Tim
Truthrider: Given a typical CD, what number do you have to turn your TG II up to in order to get "loud" listening levels? I've got a TG II and we can compare notes. Sean
>
What impedance and sensitivity are your speakers rated at? I would agree that having to run the TG II at -20 would equate to very low sensitivity on the part of the EAD. My modified Sunfire Signatures are pretty well roaring by the time i get to -25 with 86 dB 4 ohm speakers.

Have you tried contacting EAD or your local dealer about this? Sean
>