Buying used Sherbourn 7/2100a x 2 for 14 channels or saving up to buy new Emotiva xpa-7’s?

I am building a new system and am planning to utilize all channels of Emotiva xmc-2.  I am currently looking at 2 Sherbourn 7/2100a amps to power everything except height speakers.  I haven’t been able to find much current information about anyone using these amps.  Are they worth trying or should I save up to buy new Xpa-7’s or something else? 
jon_8302
 I haven’t been able to find much current information about anyone using these amps
that should tell you something right there.
One of the challenges with the Emotiva Gen 3 amps is their switching power supply.  After working with the Gen 3 amps in depth, I would rather look at other amps that use linear power supply.

While the Sherbourn is very old, it is likely going to have a better sound.  If you want something new in this same cost/performance range, I would look at the Monoprice Monolith 7x200.
Thank you auxinput I guess I’ll go for them.  Nervous about making my final choice, but your reply helped a lot, this is my first attempt with separates.