Amplifiers:A Keeper for Life. Do you know of one ?

Just wondering, with this audio merry-go-round of buying and selling, if anyone has an amp that will be a keeper for life. I haven't yet but came verrrry close once...
sonicbeauty
My GAS500 Ampzilla, because I got it from it's designer, and even at 30 years it is unsurpassed in every regard.
Krell 300cx. Have owned it for almost 8 years, sounds fab, never even a burp.

Neal
Hey Gaslover,

I have a 'Grandson' in my basement that I hear is the (not power wise of course) 'killer' of them all. The elderly gentlemen that I got it from (lost his hearing) said that it was beautifully 'voiced'. I have had it now for years and have never even listened to it. Having a hard time switching off my Citation.

Well, I am a Citation fan, and the 16A does it for me. Very tube like quality and the bass goes downstairs like thunder at your doorstep. After hearing it, I sold my 9 McIntosh amps. (I do miss them sometimes..)

Then again, I always liked the Krell KSA 50, and the Levinson ML2's... What to do?
You will LOVE the Grandson. Sounds best pushed hard (can handle 1 ohm!). I owned a Godzilla at one time... took it to the 1984 CES to a/b it against John Iverson's Eagle 7a. The Eagle won, hands down. Fantastic amp. Godzilla's designer has never been the same since!
Gaslover... I just might look up the little guy and see how it compares to my Citation.

You say and Eagle 7 sounded better than the Godzilla? My memory might be off, but wasn't Godzilla a pure class A design? Enormous power output, something like 200 wpc into 8 ohms, class A power. Should be able to heat a small home with it.

I never heard one, but remember well all the fanfare when it came out. I don't believe many were built. I will let you know how the Grandson sounds.