Isolation/coupling: basics?

I feel I need some education in this regard, and I guess I'm not alone... I read most of the discussions about it, but I couldn't find the basics: why?
Could anyone who understands the physics behind all this explain why those vibrations, resonances, and energies are that bad, especially for components without moving parts, such as amps?
dmitrydr
Eldartford, do you mean that for SS gear this issue is not really an issue? Do you use any kind of isolation/coupling yourself?

In regards to CD players, I just don't get it. Optical reading mechanism reads data, and it doesn't really know what kind of data is it: audio or data files. Processing of that data actually determines it. And optical systems of CD drives seem to be tolerant enough to vibrations to be able to read the data with no errors even in computers, where drives vibrate like crazy. The only explanation I could throw is that in spite of the fact that vibration defocuses the optics and causes read errors, a computer, reading data in X speed, is able to read, check CRC, re-read again and again until he gets the perfect read. Audio CD player has only one attempt, and if it isn't lucky there will be a error. Do I miss anything?
Any number of people have testified to the positive effect that Audiopoints/Sistrum products have had on their systems and I in no way doubt their results. However, the explanation offered as to why these products works seems incomplete or even flawed. The idea that cone type points can control the flow of energy in one direction only is false. Coupling a component to a rack and then coupling the rack to the floor allows for any vibration to flow in both directions. As a practical matter if you live in a house with a poured concrete floor, then coupling will probably work very well. If you live in a wood frame house, then isolation might be preferred.
Dmitrydr... My source electronics are located in a massively constructed alcove in my listening room. If I have any vibration at that source equipment it is acoustic. The phono turntable has vibration-absorbing feet.
My power amps are in the cellar.

IMHO vibration is not a significant problem with SS equipment. By "not significant" I mean that a problem would be hard to induce, and easily corrected. Others disagree. I am sure we all (well most) agree that tube gear is more problematical than solid state.

What you describe as the error correction method is not how it is usually done these days. You assume that the data receiver DETECTS that there is an error, and requests retransmission. That works in some cases, however CD's (and most other devices) use something called a Reed-Soloman code. The transmission includes redundant information, basically each bit of the data word is spread across a number of bits in the transmission, so that if one or more transmitted bits are screwed up there is still enough information to calculate what all the data bits should be. No time-consuming retransmission is necessary.

Reed-Soloman error correction is vital for applications such as sending video back to earth from a space probe around Jupiter. Requesting retransmission would be impractical with a round trip communication time like 40 minutes. The Reed-Soloman code can be implemented with different degrees of redundancy in the transmission, deprending on what the bit error rate is expected to be. I seem to remember that for space probe applications it is not unusual to transmit 150 bits or more so as to be sure that one bit is correct.
And don't be forgettin' sesimic vibration, due to continuous motion of Earth's crust, peak energy around 1-2 Hz.