VPI Magic Brick or Webster's Dictionary

Wondering: What's the difference between placing the VPI Magic Brick and Webster's Dictionary (Unabridged, of course) on top of your CD player? Would the latter give me more definition? Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Seriously, though. What would the difference be? This from the Department of Snake Oil.
crazy4blues
I bought one VPI brick in 1988. Still have it, used it on everything that I could, and frankly never found a dfference good OR bad in the sound. It is useful for adding mass to the top of a CDP, and looks nicer than some things you could use. My advise would be to make your own box out of your favorite hardwood and fill it with lead shot or a mix of lead and sandbox sand (I say sandbox sand because it is supposed to be "sanitzed"). You'll have the same thing and will have saved yourself about 70.00, save the Websters for reading while you're listening.
If a fourth little pig were to build his house out of VPI Bricks, could the big bad wolf of audio neurosis still blow it down? (BluTac for mortar no doubt...)
Pickup one of those 10 lb. plastic covered dumb bells at SportMart. Just make sure to dust it once in awhile so that folks will think it gets some practical use.
I recently had a McCormack DNA-0.5 amp up-graded to Gold Revision by SMc, and during the up-grade process discussed vibration control w/ Steve McCormack. Steve recommended the "Shakti Stone" placed on top of the amp over the transformer-- or better yet placed directly on top of the transformer. I haven't tried this yet-- those things are sort of expensive-- but eventually I will. Anyone tried the Shakti Stones?

Right now I use a pair of 10 lb. lead deep sea fishing weights sitting on boards on top of the amp (to spread the weight more)-- can't actually tell if this helped sonics any but it added 20 lbs. of mass. I have the amp sitting on a 2 1/4" thick Boos Maple cutting board-- a very nice improvement. The maple board sits on cork/rubber footers by A'Gon member Rcreations. This was an excellent combo for this amp. Cheers. Craig
I have two Sunfire subwoofers stacked. They are not magnetically shielded, and I have been concerned about magnetic interaction in stacked configuration. Putting some steel in between the subs would make sense theoretically, to channel the fields and minimize field leakage into adjacent subs. I chose VPI Magic Bricks for this. Of course, there are less expensive alternatives.